Come build leaders through Jesus and Education and embark on the most impactful chapter of your career with us.
Parent and Family Coordinator(Bilingual Required)
The Parent and Family Coordinator is responsible for the planning, coordination and execution of the parent and family programing of the Urban Scholastic Center (USC). Along with identifying the needs of USC parents and families, the Coordinator will aid in connecting them with resources available to them in Wyandotte County. The Coordinator works in collaboration with Urban Scholastic Center staff, partners, parents and families. Ideally, the Coordinator is inspired by and fully committed to the Urban Scholastic Center vision and mission. The desired candidate will have a history of community engagement, program design and implementation, and relationship building with students and families. The position reports to the USC Director of Community Engagement.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Welcomes all family members, organizes orientation for new families; provides information and supports to families.
- Supports, educates, and equips USC families and caregivers in developing skills to effectively advocate for their needs and the needs of their children and families.
Community Building & Resource Assistance
- Develops relationships with community organizations that provide support to our families or has resources available to share.
- Oversees the USC Free Food Store, including acquisition and dissemination of products.
- Facilitates problem-solving activities when concerns arise amongst or within the family community.
- Fosters opportunities for family networking based on current needs and interests (clubs, classes, seminars, etc.).
- Provides case management for USC parents and families.
- In collaboration with the Director of Community Engagement ensure appropriate program data and metric collection, and design need programming.
- Organizes presentations, trainings and workshops in-person, via webinars and/or low-tech conference calls for parents based on their need.
Qualifications and Experience:
We recognize that there are multiple expressions of professional readiness. When we review applications, we take a comprehensive look at each applicant. Our goal is to assess your unique strengths. The ideal candidate has many of the following skills and experience:
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ.
- Bilingual-Bicultural Spanish/English.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Case management experience preferred.
- Familiar with resources in Wyandotte county.
- Strong initiative and reliability.
- Passionate about engagement of parents/families, education, and social justice.
- Strong multi-tasking and organizing skills.
- Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications (word, excel).
Please submit your application below. All questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.